Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Media server move, now getting 219 errors

2008-09-02 12:12:51
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Media server move, now getting 219 errors
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "BeDour, Wayne" <WBedour AT lear DOT com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 09:50:38 -0500
On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 9:35 AM, BeDour, Wayne <WBedour AT lear DOT com> wrote:

Our environment is Netbackup 5.1 MP3 HP-UX 11.31 (11i v3).   I just removed our media server and am using the master as the media server.  I ran a script that did bpmedialist and bpmedia –movedb commands to move my media from the media server to the master server.  I have changed my bp.conf and vm.conf files so they no longer have anything from the old media server.  I used tpconfig to remove the robot and drives from the old media server.  Connected the drives to the master server and can see them via an ioscan.  I used the NBU gui to add the robot and drives to the master server.  I can see everything on the master server but when I kick off a job I'm getting "EXIT STATUS: 219 - the required storage unit is unavailable" .  I tried to run an inventory and am getting "robot number and robot host mismatch".  I found a document that says to select all the tapes in the library, click on Actions -> Move and uncheck the Volume is in a robotic library box and click OK.  There are about 300 tapes in the library, I did this and it's been sitting there for quite a while.

1.  Did you delete the old storage unit?
2.  Did you restart NetBackup after removing the storage unit?

    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org