Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Could not read logging configuration file - RESOLVED

2008-03-06 10:56:23
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Could not read logging configuration file - RESOLVED
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 10:26:49 -0500

After this issue I did some other RHEL5 installations and didn’t see the issue on those hosts.

Differences between those installations and this one were:

1)       I had gone into the GUI host properties for Master and set this client to use ports for firewall as we’d previously done with 5.1.   On the new clients it defaults to vnetd in firewall configuration so this wasn’t necessary.  On removing this setup after the other installs it didn’t resolve the issue by itself but I mention it as it *might* be part of the solution.

2)       During my initial attempt to do backup on the RHEL5 host it had failed on missing library, /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3.   This was because the compat-libstdc++-296 package wasn’t installed.   Installation of that package made the backup work but I got the error noted in original message.   On all the new hosts I installed compat-libstdc++-296 before installing NBU 6.0 MP4 client.

I believe item 2 was what actually fixed it.  On the original host I removed the installation then reinstalled (this means the compatibility library was already there on reinstall of NBU).  After reinstall the backup worked without giving the bpbrm error.   Also I noticed on all the successful installs including this reinstall it creates the /usr/openv/logs directory and creates log with a header.  It hadn’t done that during my initial install on the problem host.