Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Could not read logging configuration file

2008-03-04 18:35:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Could not read logging configuration file
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 18:22:02 -0500

Trying to figure out the fix for this message:

Error bpbrm (pid=28218) from client atlrdda3: ERR - Error occurred during initialization.  Could not read logging configuration file.

I see this at the beginning of backup even though the backup ultimately completes with 0 exit status.

On searching forums and Symantec site I see a lot of talk about possibly corrupt nblog.conf.  This is a brand new installation however and it seems clear it pushed out the nblog.conf.template then made a nblog.conf on the system during the installation so it is unclear to me how it could be corrupt.

I found the vxlogcfg utility but cant really make much sense out of it.  No man page just a vxlogcfg h to get some information.

This is a RHEL5 client but the Symantec site mentions same issue with RHEL4.   Their solution is to copy the nblog.conf from another server of the same type and version but we dont have one.  In fact on checking a RHEL5 server a co-worker installed I see his backup jobs get the same error (with pid being different of course).

Some things Ive tried:

1)      Something mentioned path being <installpath>/NetBackup we have netbackup so I created a symbolic link since Linux/UNIX are case sensitive.  No go.

2)      The nblog.conf specifies logs in /usr/openv/logs that directory didnt exist so I created it.  No go.

3)      I had iptables firewall running (Master was configured to know this but).  Turned off iptables.  No go.