Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Overland Neo tape libraries -- Any good?

2008-02-27 13:08:30
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Overland Neo tape libraries -- Any good?
From: "Conner, Neil" <neil AT mbari DOT org>
To: "jond" <x AT jond DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 09:45:57 -0800
I have a Neo 8000, and aside from a minor installation glitz where one of the
ribbon cables on the handler was positioned incorrectly, it's been running
flawlessly for 9 months.  Overland's service has been great.

The Neo replaced an older Qualstar TLS model library. We've been a Qualstar
customer for years and we still own 2 other smaller TLS libraries.   When we
purchased the Neo, it was a toss up between that and the XLS from Qualstar.
The Neo won out mostly because it fit better into our Comm room.

HTH,
Neil