Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] include_list question

2008-02-27 13:14:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] include_list question
From: "Nathan Kippen" <nate.kippen AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:21:39 -0700
I have my media & master servers in a single policy.  This policy is setup to follow nfs mount points, and each server in the policy has the same nfs mount point mounted.

I'm trying to have the backup that runs on my master server to be the only backup for the nfs share.  I've built an include_list file on my master server with the nfs mount point listed in it; however, I don't have the nfs mount point listed in my backup selections on my policy.

The result is that it's not backing up the nfs share.  Do I have to have the nfs share listed in my backup selections in conjunction with the include_list file?

The other way I've though about doing this is puting the nfs share in an exclude_list on each of the servers that I don't want the share backed up on.

Any thoughts?

Thanks