Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Overland Neo tape libraries -- Any good?

2008-02-26 12:20:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Overland Neo tape libraries -- Any good?
From: <Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com>
To: <x AT jond DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:37:40 -0700
We had an Overland "library express" model in my last shop. A modular
design, "stackable", build around DLT.

I have no complaints about it other than it was slow.  Any tape moving
to the drive module had to move down a little shaft to the elevator,
ride the elevator to te drive module, then travel that aisle to the
drive.  The mechanism was reliable, just not swift.

Not usually a big deal unless you're doing bunches of small, scattered
backups.