Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Log that tracks tape assignments?

2007-11-19 14:01:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Log that tracks tape assignments?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:34:21 +0000
I have a little script that prints the total number of assigned media on
my master server to a file every hour.  It lets me track overall usage.

But I'm seeing a spike that I can't understand, and I'm wondering if
there is a log file that will give me more information.

Specifally, it tells me that on Friday the number of assigned volumes I
have went up by 9 in just a few hours and another 10 over the rest of
the weekend.  Even if no tapes were deassigned in that period, it
suggests that the system should have assigned a minimum of 19 new tapes.

Problems is, I can't tell which ones they are.  If I view my volumes and
sort by 'assigned date', , I see only 11 volumes have an assigned date
of Friday afternoon or later....

Is there a log that would track which volumes are getting assigned?
Using 19 LTO3 tapes is unusual for the schedules run last weekend.  I'm
having trouble reconciling where all those scratch tapes went.

Thanks for any help.  My master is NBU 6.0MP4 running on Linux.