Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog sharing

2007-09-23 14:40:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog sharing
From: scottcorp <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:25:35 -0700
I have several remote sites that contain their own master servers. I want to
backup to a Data Domain at each site and replicate the backup data to a central
site,  which also contains its own master server.  At this central site I have
a need to offload some remote backups to tape for infinite retention.

I know there are several ways to handle this, all requiring some manipulation.
The most sensible option would be to replace the masters at each remote site
with a media server talking to the central location - but I cant get the buy in
to do that.  So, I am trying to figure out the easiest option.

Is there any type of catalog sharing in 6.0 or 6.5?  I am reviewing
documentation but so far havent seen anything.

My only other options I am thinking are to backup as normal and replicate to
central - then use the master at that site to import the backup images into its
catalog and perform a bpduplicate.  Obviously this is cumbersome.

Does anyone have other ideas?
Thanks for the help.