Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Catalog sharing

2007-09-23 17:15:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Catalog sharing
From: "rcarlisle" <rcarlisle AT serverwarecorp DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:01:53 -0400
No, 6.0 and 6.5 do not have anything like that, although it would be good.
I have not heard anyone in development mentioning this being a possibility
even in the 7.0 release....but who knows.  The 7.0 release is supposed to be
the "security focused" release.  Here is a kind of an out-of-the-box idea.
I don't know if it would be feasible in this environment or not, certainly
not tested, and if you ever had to recover one of the "infinite" releases,
there would be some manipulation involved.  I also don't know how much data
you are looking at.

This suggestion would require all of your data at your remote domains to be
backed up to disk.  Then, you could make each of your Master Servers a
PureDisk client and back up to a remote Pure Disk server attached to a
Master Server and use the integration in 6.0 to vault the data to tape.

Reneé Carlisle
ServerWare Corporation
 cell 585-329-9788