Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Media Changer Utility for Solaris

2007-09-11 12:34:09
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Media Changer Utility for Solaris
From: "Greenberg, Katherine (ISD, IT)" <Katherine.Greenberg AT thehartford DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:19:28 -0400
Why not just use tpautoconf -t?

-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of selwyn
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 8:10 PM
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Media Changer Utility for Solaris

Curtis is correct, I use the script to populate a file which map tape
drives devices to device paths.  The map information is then used to
provide parameters to tpconfig to define the drives for netbackup to
use.

I can get the device files for the drives and the robot from sgscan.

I will try echoing parameters to tldtest tomorrow.

I also found an open source utility called mtx which may work.  I
downloaded it today, but I have not installed it yet.

destroy all copies.