Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] MP4 Re: Taking the plunge to upgrade from 5.1 MP4 to

2007-05-14 11:42:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] MP4 Re: Taking the plunge to upgrade from 5.1 MP4 to
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 08:42:45 -0700 (PDT)
> No - it was just Dave talldoode statement about the way command were
> recommended to expire tapes. My question was about images so maybe
> bpexpdate will leave the catalog corrupted when it expires the tape.

bpexpdate expires images.  When you give a volume, it expires all copies
of images on that volume.

When all images on a volume expire, the volume can be returned as
scratch.

A recommended command that causes catalog corruption would be a bad
idea.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com