Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP Exclude List

2007-04-24 17:19:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Exclude List
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:19:45 -0700 (PDT)
> Can someone tell me how to exclude certain file types within an NDMP
> policy? Specifically, I would like to exclude all checkpoint files
> (*.chkpnt)

Because the NDMP server is in charge of serializing the data, it has to
be the one to exclude files.  So this function depends on your NDMP server.

> We are running Netbackup 6.0 MP4 on Solaris 10.

What's the NDMP machine?

I believe for Netapp you'll use

SET EXCLUDE=*.chkpnt

in the list.  See the NDMP admin guide page 37/38 for using SET in the
backup list (but not any vendor-specific examples of exluding).

See the OnTAP manuals for the syntax that is allowed when excluding
files (assuming you're using a netapp).

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com