Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Client Directed Backups and Restores

2007-04-25 10:59:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Client Directed Backups and Restores
From: chris at fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk (Chris Freemantle)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 15:59:35 +0100
On 5.1 at least, the global setting is at the top of the "Client
Attributes" settings i.e. in the NetBackup Administration console, go

  Host Properties - Master Server - <master server>

In the Master server Properties window, go to 'Client Attributes'

At 6:43 am -0400 25/4/07, Bobby Williams wrote:
>On the master, it is set via the client attributes.  It is a per client
>setting.  It can also be a global setting, but I don't know the parameter
>(it is not on the GUI settings).
>
>You can let them browse, but not restore or neither or both.
>

>Bobby Williams
>2205 Peterson Drive
>Chattanooga, Tennessee  37421
>423-296-8200

---

REMEMBER- There is only one certainty about storage systems - they
*will* fail !
This includes backup and archiving systems.
If you want to be paranoid, make your own backups as well.

For FIL computer support issues, please email

   support at fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk

rather than individual team members

Chris Freemantle
Data Manager