Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] AVR Daemon

2007-03-07 13:13:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] AVR Daemon
From: jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 13:13:38 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Dave Brown wrote:

> Netbackup 6.0 mp4 running on win2k3 server
>

> I seem to be having an issue with my VTL.  I have it setup as having 8
> virtual drives.  It has been working flawless forever.  All of the
> sudden,  I am getting AVR errors on 2 of the drives within.  Every way
> that I look at it,  I see TLD control as it should be.  I have tried
> removing and recreating but still same issue.  Also,  I noticed that the
> AVR Daemon is running on both my master and media server even though I
> have no drives uner AVR control.  Was not sure if that was normal or
> not,  never looked to see it running before.  Anyone seen this issue or
> something like it ?  suggestions ?
>

> Dave Brown
>
> Worknetinc
>

> This message (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the
> individual to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information.
> You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or duplication
> of this message by someone other than the intended addressee or their
> designated agent is strictly prohibited. Information included in this message
> that does not relate to the specified business of Worknet shall be understood
> as neither given by nor endorsed by Worknet or its employees.  Any cost
> estimates or estimated quotes included in this message are considered
> non-binding estimates only and must not be considered final costs unless
> contained within an official proposal document.

That is really strange, I typically see AVR errors (drives in AVR mode)
when the robot locks up.  Even with my VTL testing, I never got a drive to
go VTL that I could remember, /unless/ the media server that has the VTL
fiber HBA/attachment is not working or there is a communication error
between the VTL and media server.

Justin.