Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Slow mailbox backups

2007-02-27 03:38:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Slow mailbox backups
From: simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net (WEAVER, Simon (external))
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:38:53 -0000
Guys
There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with that! In fact I run a dedicated GSX
Server that hosts TONS of win2k3 VM's and even clusters. So that is not
going to be the problem. And all our backups are absolutely fine. anyhow....
thats another subject :-)

Root point to start with is the end client, and my first thoughts are:

disable tracker.exe if it is running (Start / RUN / MSCONFIG and look for
tracker.exe - if its ticked turn it off).
disable any 3rd party AV software
If the client is configured for VSS, turn that off as a temporary measure
Network settings on the client

Is the client on the same VLAN as the NetBackup Server? Any timeouts? Have
you enabled any logging?

hope this is of some help.....

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium Limited, B23AA IM (DCS)
Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU

Email:  <mailto:Simon.Weaver at Astrium-eads.net> Simon.Weaver at
Astrium-eads.net