Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Slow mailbox backups

2007-02-27 01:42:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Slow mailbox backups
From: johan.redelinghuys at stg.co.za (Johan Redelinghuys)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:42:38 +0200
Hi

We have an exchange client that for some reason is backing up it
mailboxes very slow. We know that mailboxes is by nature slow, but this
servers is REALLY slow. Under 1 MB per stream. Because it is a virtual
machine, it is backed up as a client. (Should have been a media server
due to its size, but being virtual server, it is not possible.) All
necessary configuration files have been created (NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS and
SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS etc.)

Other exhange servers and their mailboxes in the domain, running fine.
Any ideas?

Windows 2003 - Netbackup 5.1 MP4

Microsoft Virtual Server 2005

JR