Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple retention in one pool

2007-02-26 04:51:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple retention in one pool
From: jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 04:51:59 -0500 (EST)
There is an option (off by default) in which one tape can use multiple
retentions, but I would not recommend it.

If you have a 20MB file that is infinite retention and the rest of an
LTO2/3 tape as 1 month retention, it will become confusing, yes?

Keep different retentions with separate volume pools.