Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] master and media servers merge

2007-02-13 15:15:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] master and media servers merge
From: pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:15:40 -0500
Hmmm...sounds like a decent enough platform.

But doing a bit of tuning and troubleshooting on that Sparc will net you
a lot less grief that a Solaris -> Windows migration with a simultaneous
Master server name change, and master/media catalog merge.

If the throughput is great on the windows box, move your policies to
backup via it's storage units, but let the Sparc box remain as master,
untill you find time to look at some tuning there.

And moving to direct SCSI rather than FC would be a step backwards. ;o)

Paul

--

La version fran?aise suit le texte anglais.

This email may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and the Bank
of
Canada does not waive any related rights. Any distribution, use, or copying of
this
unauthorized. If you received this email in error please delete it immediately
from

Le pr?sent courriel peut contenir de l'information privil?gi?e ou
confidentielle.
La Banque du Canada ne renonce pas aux droits qui s'y rapportent. Toute
diffusion,
personne autre que le ou les destinataires d?sign?s est interdite. Si vous
recevez
ce courriel par erreur, veuillez le supprimer imm?diatement et envoyer sans
d?lai ?
l'exp?diteur un message ?lectronique pour l'aviser que vous avez ?limin? de
votre
ordinateur toute copie du courriel re?u.