Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] master and media servers merge

2007-02-13 12:26:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] master and media servers merge
From: pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:26:46 -0500
So you've got an ancient Sun box with what, 330MHz Sparc processors
acting as a master/media, and a relatively new Windows box acting as a
media server only, and you think the Solaris platform is the problem?
I have a feeling that if/when you get everything merged onto that single
DL360, your performance is going to go down the pooper.

Migrate that Sun over to a newer sunfire, like a V240 or
something....on-board quad GigE, a 66MHz PCI slot for your HBA, and I'd
bet it's run circles around that DL360.

Paul

--

La version fran?aise suit le texte anglais.

This email may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and the Bank
of
Canada does not waive any related rights. Any distribution, use, or copying of
this
unauthorized. If you received this email in error please delete it immediately
from

Le pr?sent courriel peut contenir de l'information privil?gi?e ou
confidentielle.
La Banque du Canada ne renonce pas aux droits qui s'y rapportent. Toute
diffusion,
personne autre que le ou les destinataires d?sign?s est interdite. Si vous
recevez
ce courriel par erreur, veuillez le supprimer imm?diatement et envoyer sans
d?lai ?
l'exp?diteur un message ?lectronique pour l'aviser que vous avez ?limin? de
votre
ordinateur toute copie du courriel re?u.