Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Newbie volume pool question.

2007-02-13 10:38:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Newbie volume pool question.
From: jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 10:38:38 -0500 (EST)
I had done this in the past but it has been awhile, I am checking the
documentation now.

But I was wondering if someone could point to the page or give me a little
reminder of how to do this.

I have the following:

FS-1
FS-2

INF-1
INF-2

I want the FS (filesytem backups) to use tapes from the global scratch
pool, no issues here.

I want the INF (infinite-retention backups) to use a separate pool, and
when that pool runs out of tapes, it will NOT use any tapes from the
global scratch pool.

I just define overrides in the schedule to pick from a new pool I make and
put scratch tapes in correct?

INF-SCRATCH

And then in the schedule policy information I override the volume pool and
make it INF-SCRATCH, correct?

Am I forgetting anything?

Thanks,

Justin.