Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup of multimedia system...

2007-02-13 08:42:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup of multimedia system...
From: hampus.lind at rps.police.se (Hampus Lind)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:42:37 +0100
Hi all,

I would like to get in contact with people backing up large multimedia
systems, ie digital pictures, audio and video. I am also interested in
hearing about how you store these applications ie in a SAN on FC diskarrays,
SATA drives or some kind of HSM solution which includes tape.

Which way to go for ~100TB multimedia data (video): traditional backup or
HSM solution?

When will traditional backup not be an option any longer, when do we need to
apply a HSM solution?

Some of the multimedia systems do include billions of smaller files
(pictures and audio).

I would like to find a platform which I could apply to every digital system
no mater the size of the system.

If anyone have experience with storing/backing up video-surveillance I love
to hear your success stories.. :-)

Thanks and regards,

Hampus Lind
Rikspolisstyrelsen