Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] If bpstart exits with non-zero, does bpend run?

2007-01-26 14:21:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] If bpstart exits with non-zero, does bpend run?
From: Jason.Ellis at indymacbank.com (Ellis, Jason)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:21:31 -0800
All,

If my bpstart_notify script exits with a non-zero status (thus a 73 in
the activity monitor), does the corresponding bpend_notify script run?

I'm just trying to tighten some of my scripts to prevent a duplicate job
of an already active job from running the scripts, which would royally
mess things up, by using a lock file. If another job encounters the
bpstart_notify lock file, then it is set to exit with a non-zero status
as the job is already running. I need to know if the bpend_notify script
will run, however. Otherwise I need to come up with a way to prevent
that from running, such as touching a bpend_notify.no_run file and
having the bpend_notify script check for that.

Thanks!

Jason Ellis
Technical Consultant, Data Protection Team
IndyMac Bank, La Mirada Datacenter
Phone: (714) 520-3414
Mobile: (714) 889-8734