Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] hot database backup (oracle)

2007-01-26 13:28:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] hot database backup (oracle)
From: jrioux at incat.com (Jerry Rioux)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:28:33 -0500
We are running into a performance problem at the time we are running hot
database backups. The web logics application times out while trying to
write a transaction to the db. The Netapp filer, which the storage is
on, gets close to 100% disk utilization and we are seeing NFS read
latencies.  We are still running NB 4.5.

Does anyone think that upgrading Netbackup would have any affect on
this?

Jerry Rioux

Enterprise Systems Engineer

Help Desk 1-888-746-6478