Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SSO problems

2007-01-26 13:03:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SSO problems
From: scottd at HanoverDirect.com (Deiter Scott)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:03:33 -0500

Trying to make a long story short.

Solaris 9 master/media server  netbackup 5.1 mp4
Two solaris clients slated for update to use sso
Various windows and solaris clients

Updated one client by installing netbackup 5.1 and mp 4
        setup as media server.
        device config completed.
        the master and this new media server can both see the robot and
5 drives.

Last nite it all came apart when the incrementals attempted to run.
        the client configuration was all removed during the server
install
        along with the oracle agent.
        Our incrementals will never work without excluding all the
oracle mount points.

This morning.
        Remove the server package that was installed yesterday on the
new media server.
        reinstall the client/patch oracle agent/patch.
        Attempting to do a restore. To get back all the excludelists and
oracle rman scripts.

Now the master is having trouble with the robot and drives because this
master still thinks they are shared with a machine that no longer has
the  software running or installed.

How can I get the master/media server back to yesterday before is
created the shares for the drives?

Scott Deiter
System Administrator
Hanover Direct, Inc.