Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6 MySQL backup

2007-01-25 11:45:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6 MySQL backup
From: Karl.Rossing at Federated.CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:45:57 -0600
Simon,

I schedule this threw cron. Cron actually submits all our backups. We
didn't really get bitten with the Scheduler/EMM problems on NB 6.0 PreMP3.
Emm was acting goofy when scheduling manual relocations (again pre mp3)
but thats fixed now.

"WEAVER, Simon" <simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net> wrote on 01/25/2007
01:05:09 AM:

> Karl
> Can you schedule this? Might be an idea to if you can :-)
>

> Regards
> Simon Weaver
> 3rd Line Technical Support
> Windows Domain Administrator
> EADS Astrium Limited, B23AA IM (DCS)
> Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU

AM:

> > Hi Tim
> > Snap! same problem! Got a MySQL box and cannot back it up! The agent
> > will not talk to it, therefore I configured MYSQL to do its own
> > backup and on the odd occasion, take MYSQL down and take an offline
> > backup of the DB!
> >
> > Thats just what I do - may not agree with others !
> >

> > Regards
> > Simon Weaver
> > 3rd Line Technical Support
> > Windows Domain Administrator