Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] newbie question on bpend

2007-01-25 05:27:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] newbie question on bpend
From: Dennis at stortech.co.za (Dennis Naidoo)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:27:44 +0200
Hi Gary

You would probably need to use a bpend script on the client (not the
off-host media server). You can check the exit status of the backup and
if greater than 0, execute the bpbackup command to start the backup of
the network backup policy.

The exit status of the backup is sent backup to client from the media
server.
(Well that's how our SQL snapshot backups work anyhow).

PS. You will also need to add the client as a "SERVER=..." entry in the
master's bp.conf so that you can be authorised to run the bpbackup
command from the client.

Regards
Dennis