Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Non-zero exit status on bpstart_notify help

2007-01-10 19:42:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Non-zero exit status on bpstart_notify help
From: Jason.Ellis at indymacbank.com (Ellis, Jason)
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 16:42:31 -0800
I've written a bpstart_notify and bpend_notify script for a client. I
want the script to exit with a non-zero status if there is some kind of
fatal error. So, on the potential fatal error routines I placed an "exit
X", where X is equal to a non-zero status.

During testing the script supposedly exited with a 14 (per my log file),
however the activity monitor didn't reflect a status code 73, and the
bpend_notify script still kicked off.

I'm running Windows 2003 and doing this with Windows NT shell scripting.
I did some testing with a little script and in theory if I tell a script
to "exit 14" the error level should be 14.

Any thoughts?

Jason Ellis
Technical Consultant, Data Protection Team
IndyMac Bank, La Mirada Datacenter
Phone: (714) 520-3414
Mobile: (714) 889-8734