Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup and New Daylight Saving Time Rules

2007-01-10 14:03:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup and New Daylight Saving Time Rules
From: jack.l.forester at lmco.com (Jack Forester, Jr.)
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:03:24 -0500
I guess I didn't phrase my question very well, as we are testing the
Java update as well.  I wrote a little perl script so I could identify
all of the installed JREs on my servers.  Any time we do patches or
updates, I always worry that we've overlooked something small but
critical that will break things in a major way.  I tend to follow the
philosophy that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I wonder why Sun gave Java the ability to do DST rather than using the
functionality of the underlying OS.

--
Jack L. Forester, Jr.
UNIX Systems Administrator, Stf