Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] help please

2006-12-05 07:11:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] help please
From: mvdberg at stortech.co.za (Marianne Van Den Berg)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:11:06 +0200
Hi

Your tape drives are configured as hcart3:

Index DriveName                 DeviceName   Type   Shared   Status
***** *********                 **********   ****   ******   ******
  0   HPUltrium3-SCSI0          \\.\Tape0    hcart3  No       UP
        TLD(0) Definition       DRIVE=2

Your Storage Unit is also config'ed as hcart3:

Density:           hcart3 - 1/2 Inch Cartridge 3
Robot Type/Number: TLD / 0

BUT - Here's your problem:

ALL the tapes in your robot are defined as DLT. They should be HCART3.

3000LT  DLT      TLD      0       6      -       -     -
AVAILABLE
3001LT  DLT      TLD      0       19     -       -     -
AVAILABLE
3002LT  DLT      TLD      0       22     -       -     -
AVAILABLE
3003LT  DLT      TLD      0       10     -       -     -
AVAILABLE
3004LT  DLT      TLD      0       33     -       -     -
AVAILABLE
3005LT  DLT      TLD      0       17     -       -     -
AVAILABLE
3006LT  DLT      TLD      0       21     -       -     -
AVAILABLE

I don't think you will be able to change the density in the GUI. You
will have to delete all the DLT media and add it again. When you do an
inventory, go into "Advanced Settings" and either select hcart3 as
'Media Type' under 'Media Settings' or create 'Barcode Rules'. (For more
info, see the Media Manager Admin Guide.)

Regards

Marianne