Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Hot catalog restore in NBU 6.0

2006-11-28 15:07:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Hot catalog restore in NBU 6.0
From: mikekiles at yahoo.com (mkiles)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:07:10 -0800 (PST)
I didnt get any replies on this, looks like not many
admins plan to restore HOT catalog backup to a
different master server.

FYI, Symantec doesnt support it. But they also dont
support restoring cold catalog backup to a new master
server, even though bprecover provides a switch
(-dhost) to do it and I have done it many times.