Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] symantec and VERITAS merger good or bad?

2006-10-16 09:19:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] symantec and VERITAS merger good or bad?
From: pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:19:15 -0400
I have to say my experience echos that of Ed Wilts.
The initial call is 99% of the time "send us the support script output,and the
yyy logs and zzz logs".They have no idea about your environment, and you get no
help at allfrom the first couple levels of support unless your problem is
trivial,and after the number of years I've been at this, I tend to try
andfigure things out a little beyond the point of trivial, so it's usuallyquite
a little song and dance to get to backline.
However, for the last 2 years I've been dealing with a reseller/VARcalled
Kanatek here in Ottawa, and their front line guys are phenomenal,and if the
problem is a real problem that they can't resolve, which israre, unless it's
obviously a SW deficiency like a lot of the 6.0 stuffwould be nowadays.... I
don't have to do the two-step to get itescalated. Once your issue gets
escalated, it's pretty much the same asit's always been....
Paul

--

> -----Original Message-----> From: veritas-bu-bounces at
> mailman.eng.auburn.edu > [mailto:veritas-bu-bounces at
> mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf > Of MCare Backup> Sent: October 14, 2006
> 4:56 AM> To: veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu> Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu]
> symantec and VERITAS merger good or bad?> > > Hear, hear.  The support went
> right into the toilet following > the merger, > and NetBackup 6.0 is
> questionable at best (although Symantec > may not have > had anything to do
> with that).  But let me put it this way -- > prior to the > merger, I would
> have recommended NBU as a backup platform.  > Now, I'd only > recommend it if
> I had no other choice.> > To top off their unacceptable support, I just got
> an offer to > take a one-day > class on NBU for only $3500.00.  They can't
> even support > their own product, > why on earth would I pay them that much
> money for what must > be a one-day > seminar on how to open the .pdfs that
> come with the software? > > _______________________________________________>
> Veritas-bu maillist  -  Veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
> ====================================================================================
La version fran?aise suit le texte anglais.
This email may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and the Bank
ofCanada does not waive any related rights. Any distribution, use, or copying
of thisemail or the information it contains by other than the intended
recipient isunauthorized. If you received this email in error please delete it
immediately fromyour system and notify the sender promptly by email that you
have done so.
Le pr?sent courriel peut contenir de l'information privil?gi?e ou
confidentielle.La Banque du Canada ne renonce pas aux droits qui s'y
rapportent. Toute diffusion,utilisation ou copie de ce courriel ou des
renseignements qu'il contient par unepersonne autre que le ou les destinataires
d?sign?s est interdite. Si vous recevezce courriel par erreur, veuillez le
supprimer imm?diatement et envoyer sans d?lai ?l'exp?diteur un message
?lectronique pour l'aviser que vous avez ?limin? de votreordinateur toute copie
du courriel re?u.