Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Fame at last.

2006-09-07 21:03:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Fame at last.
From: dave-bu at graniteweb.com (David Rock)
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 20:03:55 -0500
* Ed Wilts <ewilts at ewilts.org> [2006-09-07 18:49]:

> Some NetBackup engineers do read this list (or get relevant messages
> forwarded to them).  So do some of the support folks (ditto).  From what
> I've seen and personally experienced, they're trying really, really hard
> to fix their early shipping screwup.  I personally have absolute no
> issues with their support organization nor their efforts to make things
> better.

I have to agree with Ed.  The engineers are just people doing a job like
the rest of us.  I'm sure no-one here on the list has _ever_ had a
complaint from a customer for their own work :-)

The individuals are not the problem, the behemoth that NBU has become
is.  I have personally seen that there are people that care about their
product, but it _is_ a bear to fix some of the issues.  That doesn't
make it any easier for us, but I don't think they are out to
deliberately screw us.

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com