Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Master Server Hostname Change

2006-08-04 16:29:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Master Server Hostname Change
From: smpt at peppas.gr (smpt)
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 22:29:08 +0200
I never done that but and you have to test it first.

Move the image directory to the new master server. Keep a copy of mediadb. This
file must be in the same place after the changes

Do the changes and run an inventory. All tapes of the remote sites will be new
tapes for the new master.
Then use the vmquery command to assign the tapes. Be careful to use the right
pools

You must not have the same tape names to the remote sites or any same computer
name (not for netbackup servers ? for all systems) If you have any same
computer name you must rename the ?computer name? directories under image dir
to there full name and change your backup to use fully qualified names

I think that this will do your job. But you must test it.(test the restore too)

smpt