Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Version information after FP9 Upgrade

2005-11-04 00:34:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Version information after FP9 Upgrade
From: WTSmith AT Maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 00:34:01 -0500
Isamar Maia wrote, in part:
> I just upgraded my Windows NBU 4.5 Datacenter client with FP9 patch.
> The problem is that when I open "Help->About", it is still showing FP6
> instead of FP9.

IMHO, Veritas has a long history of omitting or hiding pack/patch level
information from any sort of quality control.

Until customers demand they do better, they won't ... and it appears to
this customer (from a small shop, far from marketing and development
decision makers) that NetBackup customers demand very little beyond
"support" current hardware and server operating systems. :-(

cheers, wayne