Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Gigabit performance

2005-02-11 00:12:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Gigabit performance
From: joe AT joe DOT net (Johnny Oestergaard)
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 06:12:06 +0100
I don't know that much about Sun and Unix, but I have a Windows 2003 media
server running 5.1 where I have teamed two ethernet cards.
The server has 3 STK9940B drives.
The server is a Dell 2850 connected to an Extreme Networks Black Diamond 6808.
And that server I have seen a little over 150 MB/s over the teamed ethernet
interfaces. And I every day see more then 120 MB/s

My biggest problems is to get the clients to deliver the data that the
media server can write.

I would try to use some different NIC's.

Have you tried to replace you network cables (I have had problems with
cables that where not CAT5e but only CAT5)

/johnny