Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Does anyone use file excludes

2005-01-17 08:34:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Does anyone use file excludes
From: Greg.Hindle AT constellation DOT com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 08:34:42 -0500
Well there are certain files in windows that for the most part do not
need to be backed up every day. One for example is the windows swap file
(pagefile.sys). This file changes every day and this would be backed up
every day. But would not be needed if the server needed a DR recovery.
Another file would be the windows crash file, typically those that end
in *.DMP. I was just looking for other "standard" files that could be
excluded from backups that would not really matter in if a server failed
and had to have a DR restore done. And I am not really a Unix person so
any direction there on files that particularly do not need to be backed
up every day would be helpful.

Greg