Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Does anyone use file excludes

2005-01-19 16:12:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Does anyone use file excludes
From: thoke AT northpeak DOT org (Tim Hoke)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:12:32 -0600
--Apple-Mail-23--987066600

I know the absolute path thing was a problem with 5.1, but I'm nearly=20
100% sure this was fixed in 5.1 MP1.

In fact, here it is from the README:

Etrack  Incident =3D ET208248

  =A0 =A0Performing backups  using an exclude or include list with =
non-fully-
  =A0 =A0qualified path  names could cause significantly slower backup=20=

performance.

  =A0 =A0All NetBackup Unix Clients

As found in the following readme for 5.1 MP1

It also appears in the 5.0 MP4 readme:

  =A0 =A0Performing backups using an exclude list with  =
non-fully-qualified=20
path
  =A0 =A0names could cause significantly  slower backup performance.

  =A0 =A0All NetBackup UNIX Clients

HTH
-tim

On Jan 19, 2005, at 2:11 PM, Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com wrote:

> Note, by the way, that simply "core" on the line isn't enough anymore.=20=

>  All
> file excludes in v5.x and up have to be absolute paths.
>
> /core
> /*/core
> /*/*/core
> /*/*/*/core
> ...etc...
>
> I once called this a "travesty of usability".  My opinion hasn't=20
> changed.
>
> -M

performance.=20

 =A0 =A0All NetBackup Unix Clients

As found in the following readme for 5.1 MP1</x-tad-bigger></fontfamily>

It also appears in the 5.0 MP4 readme:

 =A0 =A0Performing backups using an exclude list with  =
non-fully-qualified
path=20

 =A0 =A0names could cause significantly  slower backup performance.=20

 =A0 =A0All NetBackup UNIX Clients

</x-tad-bigger></fontfamily>

HTH

-tim

<excerpt>Note, by the way, that simply "core" on the line isn't enough
anymore.  All