Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: NB Servers with 2 network interfaces

2004-02-10 09:40:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: NB Servers with 2 network interfaces
From: gbos AT uoguelph DOT ca (Gerrit Bos)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:40:47 -0500
We also have quite a few interfaces on our backup server, and Cris's
solution works well from the server perspective.  What I don't have as
good a handle on is when both client and server have multiple interfaces
and we want backups and restores to go through a secondary interface on
both client and server.  I don't have a cookbook approach that always
works, and for many boxes our group doesn't do the administration.  I
usually end up with a combination of using REQUIRED_INTERFACE in the
bp.conf, altnames entries so the restores work regardless of which
interface the requests come through, /etc/hosts or DNS entries and
client names for the specific interfaces.  But usually the approach is
to keep trying different things until it works.  If someone has a
cookbook/checklist they use for this, it would be majorly appreciated!
Thanks....Gerrit