Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: NB Servers with 2 network interfaces

2004-02-10 05:27:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: NB Servers with 2 network interfaces
From: crhea AT mayo DOT edu (Cris Rhea)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 04:27:33 -0600 (CST)
> Greetings -
>
> I've added a second network interface to my NetBackup Master and Media servers
> to backup some Windows systems on a common network.  Is there something
> I can do to make NB server requests to these clients recognized as
> requests from the NB master?  I only want this second network
> interface to be used for backups and restores for these specific
> clients.
>
> My Master and Media servers are Solaris 8 running on Sun E450's.
>

> --kathy

> Kathryn Hemness
> kfhemness AT ucdavis DOT edu

For the clients that are on the 2nd network, add a second "SERVER = XXX"
line to their bp.conf file with the host name of that interface on the
master.

For example, my master/media server has two interfaces: One goes to the
GbE interface on the router, the other, a 100 MbE interface on the local
datacenter network.

One of the clients on the local datacenter network has:

SERVER = silage.mayo.edu
SERVER = silage-138.mayo.edu
CLIENT_NAME = acsls.mayo.edu

in its bp.conf file.

The rest of the clients (elsewhere on the network), only have:

SERVER = silage.mayo.edu
CLIENT_NAME = XXXXX.mayo.edu

--
 Cristopher J. Rhea                     Mayo Foundation
 Research Computing Facility             Pavilion 2-25