Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Command line compatibility in 4.5 vs 3.4

2003-09-08 16:58:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Command line compatibility in 4.5 vs 3.4
From: jack.l.forester AT lmco DOT com (Jack L. Forester)
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 16:58:13 -0400
Hello all...another question before we do our 4.5 upgrade...

We have a number of scripts to handle ejects and injects from our ACS
robot.  I see that vmchange in 4.5 now has an -api_eject option which I
am very happy to see.  We are currently using the -offloc option in
vmchange to store the location of the tape after it is removed from the
tape silo.  I've been reviewing the 4.5 manual, and they do not list the
-offloc as an option for vmchange.  Anyone with 4.5 who can verify if
-offloc is still available, and which option to use if it is not?  I
require storage of short strings for the tape location.

Also, I see that vmcheckxxx is now a documented command.  We have an
update_voldb script that runs after ejects (using cmd_proc) and injects
that uses vmcheckxxx with the -recommendcmd option, but the 4.5
documentation does not show it as an option.

Thanks for any information you can provide...we rely heavily on these
scripts and I'll have to change the implementation plans if they have to
be rewritten.
--
Jack L. Forester, Jr.
Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator