Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Size of NetBackup Catalog

2003-09-08 17:29:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Size of NetBackup Catalog
From: jkennedy AT qualcomm DOT com (Kennedy, Jeffrey)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:29:16 -0700
If you are using binary format it should speed things up quite a bit.
As to size, we have 2 catalogues of significance.  One is 800gb and the
other is 700gb.  It was originally 1 catalogue but as it approached 1tb
we would hit a VxFS limit (sometime back).

Obviously it can grow to whatever you want, the only question is how you
plan for DR.  Veritas wants it to fit on one tape for ease of recovery.
A good idea all in all.  But not always practical...

~JK