Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exit status 41 after end writing

2003-09-09 04:06:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exit status 41 after end writing
From: andy.darmawan AT rtmglobal DOT com (Andy Darmawan)
Date: 09 Sep 2003 15:06:13 +0700
Hello All,

We have Netbackup 4.5 FP 3 Business Server on Solaris 8 as master server
and Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 server SP 3. We try to backup Exchange
Information Store every night (after office hour) and also backup
Windows share file from another Windows 2000 server.

>From detail status we could see that the backup run well, backup about
22 GB (the size of Information Store) until it reached the end of the
job. It's said that Netbackup has completed writing to the tape (end
writing), but then Netbackup 'hang' for about 1 hour, and after that
gave exit status 41 (Connection time out). So did flat file backup.

We have tried tuning some variables (File browse timeout and client read
timeout to 7200 sec and also Communication buffer size and NET_BUFFER_SZ
to 129 kb), but it didn't help.

Could you tell me what happen with our backup ?

Regards,

Andy Darmawan