Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup Admin Console on Windows - Can't displ ay Services and Processes in Activity Monitor

2003-08-06 18:45:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Admin Console on Windows - Can't displ ay Services and Processes in Activity Monitor
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:45:07 -0500
--=_alternative 007CFC6086256D7A_=

veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 08/06/2003 04:59:38 PM:

> 2) in your /etc/hosts file on the master it must have a entry for the ip
and
> workstation name.
>
> EXAMPLE:    IP_ADRESS     trosamond-l.domain_central.local trosamond-l
>
> The pain for me is the fact when I VPN into the system I have to change
the
> IP address DHCP.
>
> You will have to stop and restart netbackup so that it works correctly.
>
> If this does not work check the master server properties and
Authorization
> and ensure that it is correct and that NBU knows about the
user/workstation.

I don't have to do step 2)

Our DNS server is running on win2k.

Our solaris netbackup servers use the same primary DNS server as the VPN
configs do. Then every server seems to know who to talk to.

The VPN client is configured to do a dynamic update on the DNS hostname.
--=_alternative 007CFC6086256D7A_=

08/06/2003
04:59:38 PM:<br>
&gt; 2) in your /etc/hosts file on the master it must have a entry for
the ip and<br>
&gt; workstation name.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; EXAMPLE: &nbsp; &nbsp;IP_ADRESS &nbsp; &nbsp;
trosamond-l.domain_central.local
trosamond-l <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; The pain for me is the fact when I VPN into the system I have to change
the<br>
&gt; IP address DHCP.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; You will have to stop and restart netbackup so that it works correctly.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; If this does not work check the master server properties and
Authorization<br>
&gt; and ensure that it is correct and that NBU knows about the
user/workstation.<br>
&gt; <br>
</tt></font>
DNS server as the VPN configs do. Then every server seems to know who to
talk to.</tt></font>
on the DNS hostname.</tt></font>
--=_alternative 007CFC6086256D7A_=--