Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup Admin Console on Windows - Can't displ ay Services and Processes in Activity Monitor

2003-08-06 18:24:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Admin Console on Windows - Can't displ ay Services and Processes in Activity Monitor
From: Fabbro.Andrew AT cnf DOT com (Fabbro, Andrew P)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 15:24:17 -0700
If you want to work with volumes or devices, you also need to put a KNOWN =
servername.example.com in your /usr/openv/volmgr/vm.conf.

Oh, and you have to do that on each media server.

Oh, and you need to edit the /etc/hosts on each media server.

Oh, and if you VPN in, you need to change it on each media server every
time.

In my case, 1 master + 3 media servers = 12 files to change to set up, and 4
files to change each time I want to work with NetBackup (if I want to manage
devices).

Gotta love it.

My understanding is that it's next-to-impossible to have a Windows client
control Unix-based servers using any other method because Unix-based servers
can't auth off a domain controller.  I haven't dug into this issue recently
though.

--
 Drew Fabbro [fabbro.andrew AT cnf DOT com]
 Unix Systems Group