Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL Server backups

2003-03-17 13:19:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL Server backups
From: Jesse.Gardner AT storaenso DOT com (Gardner, Jesse)
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:19:34 -0600
Our DBAs currently back up their SQL servers with a locally installed copy
of Backup Exec.  They've got it set up to run scripts before and after the
backup every night.  It shuts down the MSSQLSERVER service, etc..

I'd like to begin backing their servers up to my LTO Library with Netbackup
4.5 MP3.  The first option that came to mind is to have them run
bpbackup.exe from their servers with the -w switch to wait for the job to
finish.  As I understand it, you can only allow this to be done during a
"User Backup" schedule.  We use incrementals for Monday-Thursday backups,
and I'd really like to keep this functionality.

So, my question:  Is there any way to have a script run on a client before
and after an incremental backup?