Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Master/Media Server with Multiple network Interfaces

2003-03-17 13:30:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Master/Media Server with Multiple network Interfaces
From: dritschel62 AT yahoo DOT com (Douglas Ritschel)
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:30:55 -0800 (PST)
What is the best way to handle a NetBackup Master
Server with multiple network interfaces. For example,
if the Master/Media Server is:

Master/Media Server
int  name   address
hme0 server 200.10.10.1
qfe0 serverqfe0 201.10.10.1
ge0 serverge0 202.10.10.1

The machine's node name is "server" (i.e. typeing
hostname, or uname -n resolves to "server").

There are three Class C Networks, 200.10.10.0,
201.10.10.0, and 202.10.10.0.

If ClientA has a network address of 200.10.10.2, and I
want all of it's NetBackup traffic to stay local to
the 200.10.10.0 network.

ClientB has a network address of 201.10.10.2 and I
want all of it's NetBackup traffic to stay local to
the 201.10.10.0 network.

And ClientC has a network address of 202.10.10.2 and I
want all of it's NetBackup traffic to stay local to
the 202.10.10.0 network.

What would the entries in the bp.conf files be on the
NetBackup Master/Media Server and the Clients?

On ClientA, I think bp.conf would have:

SERVER = "server"
CLIENT = ClientA

On ClientB, I think bp.conf would have:

SERVER = serverqfe0
CLIENT = ClientB

On ClientC, I think bp.conf would have:

SERVER = serverge0
CLIENT = ClientC

On server (the Master Media Server), I think bp.conf
would have:

SERVER = server
SERVER = serverqfe0
SERVER = serverge0
CLIENT = server

Would this do what I want? I know that I could have
REQUIRED_INTERFACE in the bp.conf on the Master/Media
Server, but that would force all traffic over a
particular interface which is undesirable.