Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving tapes into scratch pool

2003-03-14 08:42:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving tapes into scratch pool
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 07:42:58 -0600
FYI, the latest 4.5 release ("Feature Pack 3"), includes the feature
you're talking about.  (if a tape was pulled from the scratch pool to
its current pool, when that tape expires it is automatically put back
into the scratch pool)

and while we're on the topic of scratch pool repopulation, I have a
recommendation for those who use a "scripted vmchange" method like
what Jerome describes below...

if you ARE using the 4.5 Vault option, and you're NOT running 4.5 FP3:

It's important that you leave any expired offsite tape in its
non-scratch pool UNTIL vault has reported that tape as being due to
return from offsite.

This is because, if a tape is moved back into its scratch pool too
soon, vault will not include that tape in its report of "media due to
return from offsite".

HTH
rob