Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving tapes into scratch pool

2003-03-14 04:31:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving tapes into scratch pool
From: timothy.arnold AT becta.org DOT uk (Timothy Arnold)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:31:23 -0000
Hi,

(Solaris 8, Netbackup 3.4.1.)

I am working on creating scripts for our operators to move tapes in and out
of the library. At present, when we reinventory the library, the tapes are
put in to the pool they were taken from even though they have expired. How
do I automatically put them in the ScratchPool that I can defined? Is there
a vmupdate argument?

Also, what do people think of a) Netbackup 4.5 and b) BPVault. The new
financial year is coming up and I propose that we upgrade to Netbackup V4.5
and purchase BPVault for offsite duplication.

Thanks,
Timothy.

--
Timothy Arnold, Systems Support Officer, Internet Services,
Becta, Coventry, CV4 7JJ, UK                      Voice: +44 24 7684 7169

the system manager.
www.mimesweeper.com