Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up a NetApp

2002-12-18 21:26:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up a NetApp
From: Harry.Schaefer AT turner DOT com (Schaefer, Harry)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:26:08 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2A705.8C5C3DB9

Out Netapp backup experience is with Legato, not Veritas yet, but I think the
idea is the same.

The group that we backup the Netapp for set us up a simple machine like an
Ultra 1 or Ultra 10. They used that to NFS mount the Netapp and we then backup
the Sun server as a client and cross mount points to back up the Netapp data.
There probably is another way, but this way works for us...

Harry S.
Atlanta