Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] moving disks between controllers

2002-07-24 12:54:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] moving disks between controllers
From: zmay AT cisco DOT com (Zack May)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:54:22 -0400
I am wondering if it is possible to move a disk from one controller to
another, also is it possible to change the ENCLR-TYPE name?  I have
not been able to find documentation on how to do this, can anyone
point me in the correct direction?

(Actually output)
# vxdmpadm listctlr all
CTLR-NAME       ENCLR-TYPE      STATE      ENCLR-NAME
c0              Disk            ENABLED    Disk
c0              OTHER_DISKS     ENABLED    moya_A1000
c1              OTHER_DISKS     ENABLED    moya_A1000
c2              OTHER_DISKS     ENABLED    moya_A1000

(What I would like to see * around the changed items)

CTLR-NAME       ENCLR-TYPE      STATE      ENCLR-NAME
c0              Disk            ENABLED    Disk
c0              *Disk*          ENABLED    *Disk*
c1              OTHER_DISKS     ENABLED    moya_A1000
c2              OTHER_DISKS     ENABLED    moya_A1000

The OTHER_DISKS (c1, c2) are actually two attached A1000's and
c0 is a second internal disk I plan to use as a root mirror.

Any help or guidance will be much appreciated.

Zack